Tuesday 13 July 2010

Week 12 (Day 80) My birthday

There I am on my birthday.
I didn't do anything really.  I'm not much for celebrating birthdays these days.

I got loads of messages on facebook which surprised me.  I didn't expect that at all.  It was comforting to know people back home were thinking of me.

Sille sent me a great version of Winnie the Pooh in Russian.  I laughed so much, it's brilliant!  Much better than the disney version by strides.
A strange little aside... I might be half Welsh, half Russian... more on that later.

I talked to my girlie, Elissa, which was great.  She's reading lots, written a new story, nearly done a comic.  She was wearing a fedora which looked cool with her ponytails and curly hair.  She always brings a smile to my face.

Other than that, didn't do much except enjoy a nice meal and play some harp.

My grandfather died when he was 37.  So that's been on my mind.

These are the thoughts underlying all my actions.

I remember reading that TS Eliot poem years ago, "The Love-Song of J. Alfred Prufrock".  I was enthralled by that poem.  There's some great lines in it.  "Do I dare disturb the universe?  In a minute there is time for decisions and revisions which a minute will reverse."   Back in my youth, that poem really inspired me into taking life by the throat and shaking the living hell out of it.  To live as if every day was the last.

I think I've succeeded to do so, in my own quiet way.  Regrets and all.  As quiet as I might appear, looking back on all the experiences I've had, it's been unbelievable.  And there seems to be no end to them.  But, of course, there will be...

Next, playing with Harriet and then jamming with Gwilym...

Hwyl.

No comments:

Post a Comment